Call for expressions of interest to present at the conference
OPENS Monday 20 May 2019
CLOSES Friday 16 August 2019
Opportunities to present at the conferenceThose interested in presenting at the HEIA 2020 conference are invited to supply a 250-word abstract by Friday 16 August 2019. Applications are encouraged from those working in education, health, industry, academia, business and government sectors, and from community workers and other experts in these and related fields.
All conference presentations must relate to the theme of the conference, Home Economics 2020: Igniting critical agendas.
Non-interactive sessions (but including questions and discussion)—30 minutes or poster submission
- Refereed paper
- Non-refereed paper
- Student paper (for currently enrolled masters and doctoral students)
Interactive sessions—60, 75 or 90 minutes
- with accompanying refereed paper (for the proceedings only, not for reading at the session)
- with accompanying non-refereed paper (for the proceedings only, not for reading at the session)
- with no accompanying paper.
It is envisaged that the interactive sessions will contain input (content, background etc.) from the facilitator, followed by strong interactive application of that input to professional and/or personal lives.
Pecha kucha: The effective home economics classroom—10 minutes
- Each presentation lasts 10 minutes, made up as follows:
- 1 minute and 20 seconds to introduce and thank the speaker
- 6 minutes and 40 seconds for the formal presentation:
- The presenter is allocated 20 PowerPoint slides, with 20 seconds for each
- The slides are to be connected seamlessly with well-developed narration that is fluid but not rushed
- Two minutes for questions.
Active discussion and sharing of ideas is encouraged in sessions. We invite you to present and think laterally and creatively. Please share your ideas with us so we can see how they fit into the program.
To find out more, download the HEIA 2020 Expressions of interest brochure.
Abstracts should be submitted no later than Friday 16 August 2019 by completing the fillable PDF form Home economics 2020: Igniting critical agendas—Submission of abstracts and emailing it to Dr Janet Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org. Potential presenters will be asked to include the following:
- Name and organisation
- The title of the presentation
- The nature of the presentation
- A 250-word description of the presentation, including its relevance to the conference theme, followed by a list of up to six keywords that define the subject matter
- An 80-word background for the presenter
- Acceptance of the obligations and entitlements of presenting at the conference
- For a student paper, a letter of support from the academic supervisor.
Queries should be addressed to the convenor of the Academic Program Committee, Dr Janet Reynolds at email@example.com.
Review by the Academic Program Committee
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Academic Program Committee and applicants notified of the outcome of their submission by Friday 6 September 2019.
Monday 20 May 2019—Submission of abstracts opens
Friday 16 August 2019—Submission of abstracts closes
Friday 6 September 2019—Applicants notified of the outcome of their submission, along with details of the format for submitting full papers for successful applicants
Friday 21 February 2020—Written papers due