Resources - Refresh.ED
Refresh.ED is a comprehensive online resources to help teachers introduce food and nutrition in classroom from kindergarten to Year 10.
While food and nutrition is traditionally taught in health and technology classes, promotion of healthy eating has application in all learning areas. The material has been developed to provide teachers with access to teaching and professional learning materials that support and motivate them to include food and nutrition across the learning areas and school year levels.
All Refresh.ED units are designed for teaching in a specific learning area but have elements that could be taught in others. Depending on its focus area, nutrition content and pedagogical approaches, each unit is linked to one of the following learning areas:
- Health and Physical Education
- Design and Technologies
- Food and drink source: the nature of food, its production, technologies and availability
- Food and drink choice: food selection, portion size, influences, finding and interpreting nutrition information and food labels, shopping and budgeting
- Food and drink experience: menu planning, food preparation and cooking, food storage and food safety
- Food, drink and health: how food and nutrition impacts on health and wellbeing.